- Serves 8 servings
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- 4 Tbsp. Promise® Light Spread
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 large carrot, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In large saucepot, melt 1 Tablespoon Promise® Light Spread and cook chicken until browned on all sides; reserve.
Melt remaining 3 Tablespoons Promise® Light Spread in same saucepot and cook carrots, celery, onion and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and cook until almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes and brown rice and bring to a boil. Stir in reserved chicken. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is cooked. Stir in pesto and parsley.