- Serves 2 servings
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- 2 Tbsp. Promise Light Spread
- 1 large all-purpose potato, peeled and diced, 1 cup (about 6 oz.)
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 small green onion, sliced
- hot pepper sauce to taste
Melt Promise Light Spread in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook potatoes, corn, onion, chili powder and salt, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until corn turns golden and potato just begins to soften.
Stir in broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Transfer 1 1/2 cups of the soup to a bowl and puree using an immersion blender*.
Return pureed mixture to pot and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Transfer soup to bowls and top with scallion and hot sauce to taste. Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime slices, if desired.