- Serves 4 servings
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 Tbsp. Promise® Light Spread, divided
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat penne pasta, cooked and drained (reserve 1/4 cup pasta water)
In blender or food processor, process walnuts and garlic until finely chopped.
Add basil, parsley and 2 Tbsp.Promise® Light Spread and process just until blended. Set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, melt remaining 1 Tbsp. Spread and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until thoroughly cooked; remove and set aside.
In same skillet, add zucchini and onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender.
Return chicken to skillet; add tomatoes and toss over medium heat until chicken is hot and tomatoes soften slightly, about 1 minute.
Add hot penne, reserved pasta water and pesto and toss.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.