- Serves 4 servings
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- 1 lb. bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. dried basil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Promise® Buttery Spread, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped, 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low fat, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups baby arugula, 4 cups
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon basil and pepper.
Melt 1 tablespoon Promise® Buttery Spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning once, 8 minutes.
Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
Add remaining 3 Tablespoons Promise® Buttery Spread in same skillet and cook onion, garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender.
Add broth and wine and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
Stir in beans and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, adding arugula last 2 minutes of cooking time.
Transfer bean mixture to serving dish and top with chicken. Sprinkle with fresh basil.